WHAT ARE COOKIES ?
Cookies are small text files that visited sites send to users’ terminals and are used to perform computer authentication, session monitoring, memorization of information on specific configurations, memorization of preferences, etc.
THE MAIN TYPES OF COOKIES
Depending on their origin, cookies are mainly divided into two categories:
- first-party cookies, i.e. cookies generated and managed directly by the manager of the website on which the user is browsing.
- third-party cookies , i.e. cookies installed on the user’s terminal, generated and managed by parties other than the manager of the website on which the user is browsing. The purposes can be multiple: traffic analysis, display of advertisements, sharing with social networks, etc.
The responsibility and management of first-party cookies is assumed directly by the Owner.
The responsibility and management of third-party cookies , however, falls on the respective owners (third parties), who will be responsible for offering adequate mechanisms for the collection and/or revocation of consent in their information.
Based on the purposes of use, cookies can be further distinguished into:
- technical or functional cookies : they are used to navigate more easily, to avoid repeating certain operations and are necessary for the correct functioning of the website. They are not used for any other purpose and are normally installed directly from the domain you are browsing.
- analytics cookies : they are used to monitor how many users consult the website, which pages are most visited, which keywords are most used and other information for the sole purpose of optimizing the performance of the site itself. The data necessary for this analysis are collected anonymously.
- profiling cookies : they monitor the user’s browsing on the internet to create profiles on his tastes, habits, choices and other preferences. Thanks to these cookies the user will be able to receive advertising messages targeted to his preferences.
- social network cookies : they allow you to share the contents of the site you are visiting with other users. These are cookies typically used to activate the “Like” or “Follow” functions of social networks such as, among others, Facebook and Twitter. These functions allow social media to identify their users and collect information even while they browse other sites, therefore personalized advertisements can also be shown to the user. They are considered third-party cookies.
For more information on third-party cookies (management, setting and deactivation of cookies used for the processing of personal data), the user is invited to read the respective privacy and cookie policies, present on the web pages owned by the third-party Data Controllers.
THE COOKIES USED BY THIS WEBSITE
Strictly necessary cookies
|Name of the Cookie
Google Analytics is a Web Analytics service provided by Google Inc. The Owner uses Analytics in its basic settings and therefore with the sole purpose of monitoring the flow of visitors anonymously and some data on the use of the internal sections of the site. This information is returned by Google in the form of reports useful for improving and optimizing the performance of the website.
Google does not associate a user’s IP address with any other data held by Google, nor does it attempt to combine an IP address with a user’s identity. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where this is required by law or where such third parties process the aforementioned information on behalf of Google.
If you wish to be excluded from the analysis of Google Analytics cookies , please download the appropriate extension provided by Google and valid for the major browsers from the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=it
HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES
It is possible to configure the browser used for browsing to eliminate or prevent the installation of cookies . The user can control which cookies are installed, their duration and, if necessary, delete them. Below are the links of the most popular browsers:
- Google Chrome ( https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?hl=it )
- Microsoft Internet Explorer ( http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/internet-explorer/products/ie-9/features/in-private )
- Mozilla Firefox ( https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Navigazione%20anonima )
- Opera ( http://help.opera.com/opera/Windows/1781/it/private.html#privateWindow )
- Apple Safari ( https://support.apple.com/it-it/HT6074 )
It is important to note that by disabling all cookies , the functioning of this site may be compromised.